Our school is committed to working towards a thriving learning community and to achieving success in all that we do. School uniform has a key part in reinforcing this message and setting a positive tone for our learning environment. We strongly believe that there is a direct link between improved school dress and improvements secured in the ethos of our school and the achievements of our pupils. It is also a way to highlight that all young people are equal and worthy of respect in our school and community.
The vast majority of pupils wear school uniform and look smart, taking pride in themselves and are ready to work. However, there are those who for whatever reason come to school without uniform and we would like your support in encouraging them to be dressed appropriately in school uniform.
School Uniform consists of:
- White or Black shirt with School tie worn around the collar, or
- School Embroidered Logo Polo Shirts
Any of the following can be worn with shirt/tie or school logo polo shirt -
- Plain black jumper, plain black hoodie or cardigan
- School Embroidered Logo jumper or cardigan
- School Embroidered Logo Hoodies (Highland Hospice Initiative)
- Together with Black school trousers or skirts for girls and black trousers for boys. Skirts are to be in a traditional style and of a respectable length (knee length or very close to). Trousers should be traditional tailored in style and material.
- Denim Jeans or, ripped jeans
- Leggings or jeggings
- Very short or tight fitting skirts are not suitable for a working day in the school environment.
- Coloured sweatshirts/hoodies
Items of school dress without the logo, including white shirts, jumpers and cardigans and skirts and trousers are widely available in supermarkets and other shops at very competitive prices. They are much cheaper than fashion items of clothing.
We were delighted with the uptake of orders for the Hoodies for The Highland Hospice in December 2016 and confirm that Hoodies will be available to purchase, with the profit raised going to The Highland Hospice, at certain intervals in the school year as they are not available to order individually like the other school embroidered uniform items and will be done in a bulk school order.
We have now made additions to our school uniform adding the following: embroidered Polo Shirts, V Neck Jumpers and Cardigans with the school logo. They are available to purchase from MacGregor School Wear Supplies in Inverness.